Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Me? A Blogger?

Hello there,

I think it's safe to assume that you're here upon my request...really, I woke up this morning with a notion to be closer to God...isn't that a good notion to begin with, after all?

I don't know why, but I have had a compelling urge to do this for quite some time. Maybe it's so I can get down the things in my heart and mind without fear of being misunderstood? Or perhaps it's just so I can maintain a bit of the literary side I feel like I've lost in recent months?

Nah, that's not it.

I really think this comes down to me working things out. Or, rather, letting God take them as they come to mind and watching in awe as He works them out. I never saw myself as the type of guy to actually take time to journal...I used to, when I was much younger, and most of that was over this girl or that dying friendship, but now I find a necessity in journaling as a form of worship. To see past what my mind wants me to "think and move on" from...more or less, I want to spill my guts about the Word of God, the trials I go through, and the thoughts, feelings, desires, and notions that pass in and through me, all the while asking for the openness of others and maybe some help.

You see, I NEVER want anyone to give me their 2 cents about what I know to be true. But I'm tired of fighting against the part of "loving your neighbor" that encompasses humility. I need your thoughts...however, I need them because Christ said I did, to be open with my brothers and sisters so that the Church can thrive and grow and become the Bride she always was meant to be. That said, I long for real community and fellowship, and I'm asking for accountability, too. (all the while, I feel my flesh screaming for me to stop typing these things...but he's not in charge anymore, is he?)

Anyway, this is a beginning. Journaling is something I've promised God and myself, and now I extend that promise to you. I may forget from time to time, but I'd like to continue this as a 2-way conversation...so if you will, read AND write....I long for communion with Christ and others, and if you'll talk, so will I, and I believe, so will God. Let's see what happens with this seemingly "small" blog. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jimmy, I think this is a cool thing to do which is share your belief in God. When it comes to God follow your heart. In fact someone famous once said when the facts dispute my faith, I go with my faith and the facts usually catch up.
    Rob
    Locusts and Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob,
    Thanks for the encouragement. It's great to hear from you...and your quote sounds good enough for me. Be blessed.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete